Tips for a safe and enjoyable bus ride:
- Please have exact change when boarding the bus, as drivers are unable to make change.
- Prepare your fare or pass (with appropriate identification if necessary) before boarding the bus to expedite the boarding process.
- Reduced fare requires proper identification.
- We ask passengers to make room for passengers who are disabled.
- Please arrive five minutes early to your bus stop. Use the real time arrival system (link) to determine when your bus will arrive.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited on the bus, and at all bus stops, shelters and NAIPTA facilities.
- Strollers must be folded as requested.
- Skateboards and roller blades welcome – please secure them while on the bus.
- Service animals are welcome, but pets must be kept in cages.
- Alert the driver before disembarking if you need to retrieve a bike from the rack.
- If you are at a bus stop shared by multiple routes and see a bus you don't intend on boarding approaching, please wave the driver on.
- If you are waiting at a bus stop at night, please use your cell phone or a flashlight to indicate your presence as the bus approaches.
- Keep aisles clear of obstacles.
- Drinks are allowed in spill-proof containers.
- Eating and consumption of alcohol are not allowed.
- Shirts and shoes are required.
- Fighting, pushing, unruly behavior, vulgar language and/or loud radios will not be tolerated.
Mountain Line Transit bus stop signs and/or shelters are at each bus stop throughout the City of Flagstaff. Buses will only stop at these locations to board and discharge passengers.
Passenger Boarding and Disembarking
Passengers must inform the driver that they want to disembark one block before their bus stop by pulling the cord above the passenger windows. Drivers will not stop at every bus stop unless someone is waiting to board.
The Mountain Lift system provides special needs origin-to-destination service to persons who, because of a disability, cannot ride the public bus and are approved in advance.