Mountain Lift Rider Guidelines
- Please call 928-679-8905 to request your ride before 5:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled trip.
- You may request your trip reservation up to 14 days in advance. Any request for booking changes must be processed through the dispatcher.
- Please let the dispatcher know how many people will be riding when you set up your trip. A Personal Care Attendant (PCA) may ride for free. A companion pays the same fare as the client.
- Please make sure your driveway or walkway is clear to get to your van safely.
- A van will usually arrive on time. However, the van may arrive in a window of up to 15 minutes early or 15 minutes late, so please be watching and/or listening for your van.
- Please be ready for your ride. The van can only wait five minutes for clients to come out in order to enable the driver to get all clients to their appointments on time.
- Mountain Lift does take same day trip requests for trips from 9 a.m. to 2:30p.m. Please remember these rides are not guaranteed and are only on a space available basis.
- We may negotiate pick up times, but we will not require a trip to begin more than one hour before or after your desired departure time. (DOT ADA Regulations – Section 37.131).
- “Will Calls” are limited to medical appointments only; between the hours of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and clients should expect to wait up to 60 minutes for a pick up.
- Mountain Lift provides origin-to-destination service, however additional assistance is provided in some situations. Drivers may not go inside a building for a client.
- Each one-way non-ADA trip request (trips that begin or end outside 3/4 of a mile from the Mountain Line fixed bus routes within the Flagstaff City limits) are not considered ADA eligible trips. Currently, these trips will be honored on a space available basis at a cost of $5.50 per trip. (non-ADA Client).
- To cancel or make changes to your trip please call 928-679-8905 at least two hours in advance.
- If you need to cancel a ride on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday please call 928-679-8905 or 928-699-1541.
- Riders who have a practice or pattern of late cancels and no shows are subject to suspension of service.
- Service animals are welcome, but pets must be kept in cages.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes is prohibited on the van and within 20 feet of the van.
- Drinks are allowed in spill-proof containers only. Eating and consumption of alcohol are not allowed in the van.
- Clients may bring on board only what they can carry on the van in one trip. Clients may not overload mobility devices with bags. All items must be secured.
- Fighting, teasing, pushing and vulgar language will not be tolerated and may result in suspension of service.
- Riders must exhibit an acceptable level of hygiene.
Click on the link below to download the Paratransit Guide.