Mountain Line Announces Service Changes & Return to Regular Service Hours
FLAGSTAFF, AZ (August 3, 2020) – Mountain Line will implement minor service changes on several routes on Sunday, August 9 and will return to a regular schedule on Monday, August 10.
Due to COVID-19, Mountain Line has been operating on a weekend schedule seven days a week since March 21. Beginning Monday, August 10 full weekday service will resume (weekend service remains in place on Saturday and Sunday) with the following exceptions:
- Route 10 will operate on a Holiday/Break schedule (20-minute service) until August 24.
- The Route 2 deviation to BASIS will not operate until September 8 (or when students return to in-person instruction).
- The Route 3 deviation to NPA and the Route 5 supplemental bus to FALA will not operate until October 9 (or when students return to in-person instruction).
Mountain Line staff have been carefully monitoring ridership levels during the pandemic and determined that returning to regular service was necessary to allow for social distancing to the highest extent possible. Several procedures and policies will remain in place after regular service resumes:
- All Mountain Line buses are fully sanitized each day and high-touch surfaces are disinfected throughout the day.
- Service is fare-free, and riders should board through the rear door.
- Face coverings are required on all Mountain Line vehicles and at all stops and connection centers.
- Buses will be marked with suggested seating arrangements to maintain six feet of social distance and will be stocked with hand sanitizer.
- The Mountain Line office will remain closed to the public.
Full details about Mountain Line’s COVID-19 response can be found at www.mountainline.az.gov/health.
In addition to resuming regular service, Mountain Line is also implementing minor service changes on Sunday, August 9 to increase efficiency on several routes. Changes include:
- Time point changes on Routes 4, 7, and 14
- A new stop on Route 4 at Butler and Elden.
- New timing for the Route 5 supplemental bus to FALA
- On school days, one westbound trip will be added in the morning from Kaspar Drive to the Downtown Connection
Center, with a deviation to Gemini Rd. (BASIS) at 7:19 a.m. (Deviations will not run until schools resume in-person instruction).
Full details about the service changes can be found at www.mountainline.az.gov/servicechanges.